For Immediate Release: June 15, 2012
Contact: Mary Kathryn Campbell, 626/744-5602, firstname.lastname@example.org
Clean Truckin’ in Charlotte
Commercial and military fleets to gather, investigate clean tech solutions to energy prices, security
• Save September 18-20 for conference and hybrid and electric truck and bus Ride & Drive in Charlotte NC
• Experts to discuss fuel and money-saving fleet strategies for commercial trucking and military
• Roadmap to clean truck future to be unveiled
• Early-bird registration now open for world’s largest hybrid and electric truck and bus event at www.htuf2012.org PASADENA, Calif.
– The world’s leading fleets and manufacturers will gather in Charlotte this September at the HTUF 2012 National Conference & Expo, CALSTART announced today. The Hybrid, Electric and Advanced Truck Users Forum Conference takes place September 18-20, 2012, at the Charlotte Convention Center and will focus on expanding commercial and military fleet knowledge of clean, fuel-saving trucks and buses now built in the United States, including advanced hybrid and electric vehicles. Registration for the event is now open at htuf2012.org
“This year’s HTUF conference will offer specific, concrete pathways forward to a clean truck future, with the unveiling of a groundbreaking national roadmap,” said John Boesel, CALSTART CEO and President. He continued, “A clear path forward is critical for American energy security and economic stability, as our nation’s commercial fleets continue to be buffeted by fluctuating energy prices. It’s even more critical for our nation’s troops, as more efficient movement of soldiers and equipment is proven to save lives.”
Annually, the conference draws hundreds of attendees representing fleets, truck makers, technology leaders and military and government officials. Attendees are able to kick the tires of the world’s most advanced medium- and heavy-duty vehicles available today, take an active role in growing clean tech jobs, and reduce petroleum consumption in the United States.
Attendees will be treated to a taste of NASCAR with a gala reception at the NASCAR Hall of Fame, and the opportunity to drive these advanced vehicles on a professional speedway track at Charlotte’s zMax Dragstrip.
HTUF is the nation’s leading program driving production and use of medium- and heavy-duty hybrid and high-efficiency trucks and buses. It was founded by CALSTART and the U.S. Army Tank Automotive Research, Development and Engineering Center’s National Automotive Center and is operated by CALSTART under contract to the U.S. Army.
HTUF is one of several national programs operated by CALSTART, North America’s leading clean transportation technologies and solutions consortium. CALSTART is the only organization working nationally to foster the rapid growth of the entire clean transportation technology industry. CALSTART serves as a catalyst for the comprehensive clean transportation industry as a way to create more jobs, clean the air, make the country more secure, and reduce the threat of global warming. CALSTART manages leading-edge technology programs while providing value-added services to its 150 member companies and consulting clients. For more information visit: www.calstart.org