CALSTART Webinar - Doing Business Successfully in China
Monday, April 23, 2012
To share this article, click
one of these service icons:
This webinar took place on Thursday, April 26, 2012 11:00 AM - 12:00 PM PDT
Doing business in China now or planning to enter the China market in the future? Watch a recording of this CALSTART webinar on conducting business successfully in China
. This webinar focused on the current commercial landscape and market risks and how to mitigate them. Some topics that were discussed include:
- Market drivers behind China’s growth
- How decisions on what is bought from the US are made and the role of the government in allowing or limiting those decisions
- Understanding how China’s history affects how Chinese buyers think
- Registering trademarks and other IP protection measure
- What US government resources are available for companies doing business in China
- Cultural practices for doing business in China
Presenting at this webinar were Kellie Holloway, Project Director for the US Department of Commerce's China Business Information Center and Andrew Gately, Commercial Officer at the US Export Assistance Center in Miami, Florida. Both Ms. Holloway and Mr. Gately have worked in China facilitating the entry of US businesses into the China market and bring a wealth of experience to this webinar forum.
This webinar was the first of a series of CALSTART webinars on doing business in China focusing on CALSTART's US-China Clean Truck and Bus Forum
in Beijing later this year.