CALSTART is seeking a dynamic Project Manager with work experience to oversee advanced vehicle development and deployment projects. This opportunity involves application of planning, analytical and leadership skills in a number of exciting initiatives that will help develop and demonstrate advanced transportation technologies in transit and commercial vehicle applications. In addition to the program management skills, the ideal candidate will be comfortable analyzing the marketplace and reaching out to new customers and organizations.
CALSTART is the foremost non-profit organization in North America working to accelerate the commercialization of clean, energy-efficient transportation technologies. With nearly 20 years of experience, in excess of 150 member companies and with more than $200M in technology demonstration projects managed to date, CALSTART plays a key nationwide role in growing the clean transportation technologies industry. The ultimate objectives of all CALSTART programs are better air quality, reduced threat of climate change, energy security, and the creation of new high-quality jobs and companies. For more information visit www.calstart.org Duties and Responsibilities
Our ideal candidate will have the necessary skills, experience and enthusiasm to play an active role in managing a wide variety of projects and must be able to perform the following tasks with a high degree of competency and efficiency:
Necessary Skills and Experience
- Manage advanced vehicle demonstration projects and industry working groups multiple projects valued at $200K to $1 Million or more
- Plan, budget, cost track, assess quality and schedule status on projects interact with project teams of vehicle manufacturers, system integrators and major suppliers to monitor technical progress, reporting and status
- Coordinate team meetings with project representatives in-person and teleconference meetings to assess progress
- Write, organize and submit high grade proposals with project teams
- Conduct limited market assessments and assist in producing market analyses for various advanced truck and bus industry segments
- Clear customer and media correspondence, and compile project reports in a timely manner
The ideal candidate will have a bachelor’s degree with work experience ranging from five (5) to seven (7) years, preferably in the transportation or environmental industries. The candidate will also have either a technical background or be able to demonstrate a strong appetite for dealing with and understanding technologies and technical issues. The candidate MUST have demonstrated success in project management including organizing teams, scheduling, budgeting, budget tracking, and working with teams to assure product delivery. Strong writing and communications skills are essential and candidates must have the capability of presenting to and working with industry groups. Understanding of market analysis methods and marketing research tools would be valuable. A high degree of competence in using spreadsheets and databases is important. The candidate must have a passion for this emerging industry and to demonstrate stand-out levels of personal commitment, persistence and personal initiative. Additional Skills and Experience
The following skills and experience will be viewed favorably but are not required for the position:
Compensation and Benefits
- An advanced degree or technical degree;
- Knowledge of heavy duty vehicle industry, alternative fuel industry or transit;
- Specific expertise or familiarity with clean and efficient propulsion systems and fuels including hydrogen, fuel cells and advanced energy storage systems.
- Expertise in Marketing Research, Statistics, Data Analysis, Life-Cycle Cost Analysis, or Economic Modeling
- Project Management Professional certification
CALSTART offers a strong compensation package. In addition to competitive salary, CALSTART offers its employees a full HMO health plan (with no monthly employee contribution) including dental, and vision care. The compensation plan also includes a retirement plan equivalent to 8 percent of the annual salary. CALSTART also allows for flexible work hours, encourages tele-commuting, and provides funding for transit.
The position is located in the CALSTART Pasadena, California office. How to Apply for Employment
Applicants should send their responses in email form only and must include a cover letter explaining why they should be considered for this position and a resume. Female and minority candidates are strongly encouraged to apply. A salary history is also requested. No calls, please.
Applicants should send their information to: Margaret De Guzman at email@example.com