Associate Project ManagerDuties and Responsibilities
CALSTART has an immediate opening for one or more highly motivated people to join our team as Associate Project Managers. This opportunity involves application of planning, analytical, data collection and leadership skills in a number of exciting initiatives that will help to develop demonstrate and validate advanced, clean transportation technologies. About CALSTART
CALSTART is the foremost non-profit organization in North America working to accelerate the commercialization of clean, energy efficient transportation technologies and solutions. With over 20 years of experience, in excess of 150 member companies and more than $200M in technology demonstration projects to its credit, CALSTART has been instrumental in building the necessary public-private partnerships to bring promising vehicles, fuels and propulsion systems to the market. The organization currently has major programs to directly assist the medium to heavy-duty truck and transit bus industry with the development and deployment of new technologies. It also operates programs involving advanced passenger cars, clean fueling infrastructure, enhanced public transit, innovative clean mobility services and providing industry trend information. Ideal Candidate
Our ideal candidate will have the necessary technical skills, experience and enthusiasm to play an active role in supporting and in some cases directly managing a wide variety of advanced transportation projects and must be able to perform the following tasks with a high degree of competency and efficiency:
Necessary Skills and Experience
- Plan and conduct vehicle data acquisition and evaluation activities:
- Work with fleets and vehicle manufacturers to acquire and analyze vehicle performance data as well as help developing characteristic drive cycles.
- Write clear customer correspondence and compile thorough project reports in a timely manner;
- Apply strong levels of project management discipline to plan, budget, execute, cost track, ensure quality and maintain schedule on projects.
- Help plan, pursue and manage technology and demonstration partnerships;
- Present technical concepts in a clear and compelling way to diverse audiences using websites, publications and presentations;
The ideal candidate will have a bachelor’s degree with work experience ranging from a recent graduate to five (5) plus years, preferably in the transportation or environmental industries. They will also have either a strong technical background or be able to demonstrate a strong comfort level when dealing with and understanding technologies and technical issues.
A high degree of competence in using spreadsheets and databases is required. Strong writing and communications skills are essential and candidates must have the capability of presenting to and working with industry groups. Candidates must have a questioning mind and be able to think strategically. The candidate must have a passion for this emerging clean technology industry and to demonstrate stand-out levels of personal commitment, persistence and personal initiative.Additional Skills and Experience
The following skills and experience are preferred. They will be viewed favorably and will provide an advantage, but are not required for the position:
• Knowledge of heavy duty vehicle industry especially commercial trucks;
• Experience with vehicle data collection systems and analysis;
• Specific expertise or familiarity with clean and efficient propulsion systems and fuels including hydrogen, fuel cells and advanced energy storage systems;
• Expertise in Statistics, Data Analysis, Financial Analysis, Life-Cycle Cost Analysis, or Economic Modeling;
• An advanced degree.Compensation and Benefits
CALSTART offers a strong compensation package. In addition to competitive salary, CALSTART offers its employees a full HMO health plan (with no monthly employee contribution) including dental, and vision care. The compensation plan also includes a retirement plan equivalent to 8 percent of the annual salary. CALSTART also allows for flexible work hours, encourages tele-commuting, and provides funding for transit. The organization also has a strong interest in employee growth and skills development and has a solid commitment to training.
The position is planned to be located in the CALSTART Pasadena, California office. Relocation assistance is not available.How to Apply for Employment
Applicants should send their responses in email form only and must include a cover letter
explaining why they should be considered for this position and a resume
. A salary history is also requested.
Applicants should send their information to: Margaret DeGuzman at firstname.lastname@example.org